(Click on the logo on the top left to return to the home page)
- How are transactions through this online store secured?
We use established platforms:The online store is powered by Ecwid. The payment gateway is by Paypal.
Ecwid and Paypal will provide us with minimal necessary information for us to ship the merchandise to you, and to
contact you if clarification is necessary.
The information we receive will not be shared with any other parties. We do not receive your credit card information.
- How may I pay for purchases through this site?
You may use any of the major credit cards or pay through Paypal.
(You do not pay any fees for using Paypal to buy within Singapore).
For Cash and other options please see the Help link in the left pane. All quoted prices are in Singapore dollars.
- Do you ship the books outside Singapore?
Yes. Please see additional terms below for international customers.
- Why is there a shipping charge below a minimum purchase amount?
It is not economical for us to ship individual items which are below a certain value.
We may implement a pick up option for such items in the future.
- Why is there a maximum purchase amount through the online store?
We need to keep things manageable in the early stages, while we are testing and refining our procedures.
For bulk orders and special discounts, kindly contact us directly through bookstore AT simplicitysg DOT net .
- Can I buy some of the items in a bundle separately?
Some of the bundled items may be sold separately in the future if it is economical to do so.
Is one party or product in a bundle endorsing the other?
The bundles are economical options for customers interested in each of the different components in that bundle.
We urge you to decide on the merit of each product using the information provided and your own judgement.
- What are your shipping rates? Will they change in the future?
For distribution of SRI Publications within Singapore, we are currently absorbing the shipping costs where possible.
For international addresses, we are partly subsidising the costs. We will attempt to continue absorbing or
subsidising the shipping costs through various means.
- Is there any GST for purchases through this site?
We do not charge any GST for items sold within Singapore. (Future exceptions would be for some items provided
by third party GST registered companies---those items would have GST included in them. Such cases will be noted
in their product description.)
International customers are responsible for their own taxes and import duties within their countries.
- How will my purchases be shipped?
Local (Singapore) distribution of print books will be through Singpost: Either through Registered Mail or Smartpac, both
of which include doorstep delivery and tracking. International orders will be sent by through Singpost: By ordinary
airmail to Malaysia and Brunei and by ordinary surface mail elsewhere. (International customers who wish for other options
can contact us at bookstore AT simplicitysg DOT net).
Ebooks are sent wirelessly. Access codes are sent after the purchasers email address has been confirmed.
- How soon will i receive my goods after purchase?
Once we receive confirmation of purchase from Ecwid and Paypal, usually within the same day,
we will prepare your package and ship it out within 1-2 business days.
For Singapore addresses, you should receive your package within 3-5 business days unless there
are exceptional circumstances---in such situations we will attempt to update you on the status of your package by email.
For international addresses, you should receive your package between within the time specified by Singpost unless it is
the festive season; in the latter case a delay of 2 weeks might occur.
What should I do if i do not receive my package within the time frame indicated above?
Kindly contact us at bookstore AT simplicitysg DOT net, providing your purchase date and details.
We will track the location of your package and update you on its status.
Will you be adding other type of books?
Yes, we will be adding other print books and possibly e-books in the future.
- I there any fine print?
We do not desire it, but to cover special situations, please see the "Terms and Conditions" below.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
While we (henceforth referring to the SRI Bookstore) proceed in good faith, and we believe you (the customer) do too,
alas, some fine print is necessary to handle some unexpected or extreme cases. In plain English, here it is:
- All items sold through the online store correspond to their description and images on the site and are in excellent
condition when shipped. Sold items are non-exchangeable and non-refundable as per normal practise. However, you
(the customer) may appeal against the general rule if there are exceptional circumstances (such as goods received in
damaged condition). We will endeavour to help you where possible, considering each case separately, using standard
- The items sold here are meant for normal, personal use. We shall not be liable for adverse consequences or losses
from the customer's mis-use of the product, or losses (personal or in business) due to unforseen events beyond our control.
All ebooks are for personal, individual (non-institutional) use.
- The customer is responsible for providing the correct shipping and email address. If a package cannot be delivered because
of a mistake on the customer's part, the customer will have to pay an additinal shipping or handling fee for a second delivery
attempt, or arrange for a pick-up (for Singapore customers) where possible (at a time and place chosen by us).
- We reserve the right to cancel orders, before or after confirmation, for those cases we deem warrant such an extreme measure,
for example due to information errors on our website (although we will endeavour to avoid these), unexpected stock shortages,
other processing errors on our or our provider's sites, or improper transactions by the customer. Paid orders, when cancelled, will
be refunded through our provider's (PayPal) gateway as soon as possible. We shall not be liable for other losses incurred by
the customer due to any cancelled orders.
- We use standard, highly established, third party providers for the online store's function (Ecwid), its host website (Google) and
payment gateway (Paypal). The transactions are as secure as those expert providers can ensure. We shall not be liable for losses
due to errors, malfunctions, or breaches of those providers software or platforms.
- We reserve the right to change prices, shipping and handling fees, promotional packages or other information on this site, with little
or no advance notice, if the situation (in our opinion) warrants such a change. We shall not be liable for any losses incurred by the
customer as a result of such changes which might affect the customer's plans.
(However prices will not be changed for confirmed orders unless the situations described in point 4 above take place).
- The information on this online store's pages is as accurate as we can humanly make it. Where there is doubt, we advise you to
seek clarification through bookstore AT simplicitysg DOT net. We shall not be bound by customer's mis-understanding due to
unintentional ambiguities or inaccuracies on any of the pages of our store; nor shall we be liable for customer's or others' losses
due to such errors or ambiguities.
- In the bundles two or more independent products or services are packaged together. There will be additional terms and conditions
which apply to the separate components of those bundles, especially those that are provided by third parties. You, the customer, are
responsible for checking those terms and conditions before making your purchasing decision.
- By purchasing through this online store, you agree to accept the precedence of the laws of the Republic of Singapore.
- For e-books, additional terms and conditions apply that the customer will be informed of on the purchasing webpage.
- Please read the FAQ section above too which supplements this fine print.
- For clarification, kindly contact us through bookstore AT simplicitysg DOT net